- We will provide patients with the most up to date and clinically proven retinal techniques and services provided by Board Certified and Fellowship trained retinal specialists.
- We will provide patients with our procedure success and complication rates.
- We will base our recommendations for new techniques on the most recent research and personal clinical experiences.
- Our examinations will be thorough and our recommendations will be cognizant and inclusive of treatment and care plans provided by other practitioners.
- Treatment options will be presented to patients in a manner that is easy to understand, respectful, balanced and unbiased.
- All Retina Associates employees will be trained in advanced communication and listening skills to enhance communication and understanding of patient needs.
- All patients will be provided ample time and opportunity to have their questions addressed thoroughly.
- All patients will receive a personalized telephone call from our staff following all retinal surgical procedures to address any concerns or issues.
- All referring physicians will be provided with written communication in a timely fashion following the patient visit.
- We will respect the opinions and perspectives of patients, referring professionals and family members in all treatment plans.
- We will respect the value of our patients' time by:
- Targeting 100% of all office visits to begin within 10 minutes of the scheduled time.
- Providing consultative, diagnostic and treatment services during the same visit.
- We will respect the need to provide the very best value by seeking the most cost-effective solutions for our patients. When necessary, we will champion our patients' access to the very best retinal care by representing their cases to insurance companies and HMOs.
- Patients will be active participants in their health care decisions. Treatment options will be provided to patients with the benefits, risks and other considerations outlined.
- Printed and visual educational materials will be provided to patients to ensure their full understanding of their retinal problem and the proposed treatment plan.
- Patients will have access to a bank of common questions and answers regarding major eye procedures
- We offer convenient office locations in Annapolis, Bowie, Columbia, Glen Burnie, Kent Island, Riverdale, Rockville, and Silver Spring. We are always available to handle your medical problems or emergencies. We can be reached day or night at 410-224-6680 or 301-565-1651.
- Emergent retina problems will be cared for on a "same day" basis. * We provide 24 hours a day, 7 days a week telephone access to retina specialists.
- Twelve aspects of patient satisfaction will be monitored and managed to continually seek improvement in the areas most important to patients and referral sources.
- Problems and or complaints will be acknowledged (verbally and in writing) with remedies explained within one working day of receipt.
Besides doing a great job with patient care the one thing that I have always impressed me about Retina Associates is that when patients return to me post referral they always know what is going on with their eyes and what steps they should take as far as follow up. They are fantastic at patient education.. . . Read More
410-224-6680 or 301-565-1651